Assignment 1 - Calvin and Hobbes in a red wagon rolling down a rocky hill
Calvin and Hobbes are comic book characters who frequently are found zooming down a hill in a red wagon. This project abstractly represents this passtime of theirs with a wagon bouncing down a rocky hill. Try to avoid hitting rocks by jumping at the right time, but just like in real life, it's not always possible to avoid a rough ride. A score is assigned and written to standard out when you exit.
- Keyboard: Push any key to jump up in the air in the wagon.
- Mouse: None
- assignment1.cpp - The one and only source file
- assignment - The executable
- Makefile - A very simple, strict, yet sadly not very portable makefile
- README - This
Compiled in Linux with gcc-3.3.1 and glut-3.7.1.
An object under keyboard/mouse control with four moving parts.
Wagon, wheels, wagon's handle, passengers, ... there are at least four unique moving parts in there. The keyboard control is simple, but I think it's elegant.
- thumbnail.png (11.6 KB ) - added by 16 years ago.
- assignment1.exe (452.3 KB ) - added by 16 years ago.
- candh_hill.tar.gz (81.2 KB ) - added by 16 years ago.
- wagon-src.tar.bz2 (27.0 KB ) - added by 8 years ago.
- wagon-win32-bin.zip (142.7 KB ) - added by 8 years ago.
- Wagon.dmg (46.7 KB ) - added by 8 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip